Friday, November 04, 2005

This should my first real post in the blog before I go back to UTP. Yeah, it's the university of PETRONAS in Tronoh..rings a bell? Ah..nevermind, it's somewhere not quite near Ipoh, Perak, if you get my point.

About the holidays..I got back on Monday, spent the rest of the day sleeping and went online after 12.00am and realised that it Joon Heng's birthday was the day before(31st October)..ouch!!Chatted with Peng Loon online..yeahh great feeling sharing feelings about our respective institutions...well, talk about great minds thinking alike...hehe.

Next day, we went for our traditional teh tarik session in Tanjung Bistro.. courtesy of Joon Heng's driving..yeah that kiddo has improved(as though I've sat his car before)..he drove me and PL there...and we had our chat..PL told brilliant stories of his campus. We exchanged stories..with JH having the best life of course...come on he's in Taylor's!! Later we test droved his mother's car!!Shhh..sorry Mrs Tan, hehe...his mom must have been shocked if she realised that her car was er..handled by no one other than PL and me!! Oh ok..at least those guys drove better than me..I felt so weird getting back on the wheel after so long.
Went back and worked on my Thinking Skills project...(to think that Thinking Skills is also offered in A-Levels!!..at least it's way different although I still have convulsions and de ja vus about enjoying Mrs Fam's classes back in Taylors).. Wrapped it up, went online as I did religiously every night since I got back.

3rd day was spent around Taylors..Met up with Gladys for tea in Asiacafe..she shared her stories and I belted out mine but in an exaperated yet animated manner. Yeah we plotted our various strategies for our personal battles for happiness..yeah, quite cool..plan still going at this moment but I fear I shall disintegrate anytime today..hehe...the plan is our little secret though... Felt happy after that..oh ya forget to mention that I kept her waiting because I met you know who...yeah...Hafriz, Arun, Ashok, Shaun and Sao Lee at the Taylor's gate...we chatted or rather I heard renditions about the horrible stats paper..Gladys made some mention about it too. Remembered that Ashok's shoelaces were loose that time..sad sad. They said that Jieqiang is back at his apartment..so might as well let him rest time...the others are sadly dota-ing according to them although the sight of Shaun not going to the cc is something to cherish. After Gladys got back. Walked her to the row of shops then waited until her dad came..then somehow met Jo-anne around there before she went back. Next, I naturally went back to Taylor's to check out Aaron!! Our librarian brother and badminton coach's son who is also sort of my coach as well. Anyway..went to the library but he's not around..the senior librarian Helen was also not there..just went there looked at the entrance then left since I cannot enter without them..Those days in Taylor's library were simply memorable..I spent practically my whole life there after classes, sometimes clocking 5 hours in a row with Jq, Hong Ping etc. Still remember that JH stayedtill 7, Jq stayedtill 6.30plus... ahh...yes Hafriz never does!! At least until the first Sem exam where he stayed because of the rain!! Thought I got him into repentance but I think I was wrong..He's a real legend...shall get to that maybe next round...

Hehehe..so different from my UTP days..cos I always brag about the library being the best in Malaysia but somehow I never camped there like I did in Taylor's. Probably don't want to think about those glorious days in Taylor's. Anyway, Jq has stopped living in the library after I left...I must have made him feel guilty for him to stay back and work..Oh ya I nearly forgot that we once did this sms puzzle about some houses, cigarettes, pets and people..don't remember already but we spent quite sometime while we were supposed to do Further Maths or something. Hehe this reminiscence of Taylor's yeah..sometimes can get long...next time shall include on my encounters with the guys, girls, seniors, sad fellas, workoholics and desperate guys picking up girls in the library etc. Not forgetting the countless number of times the senior librarian came and scold me for talking too loudly or rather just for the fun of it..until she became my pal..and somewhat those buggers teased me about having an 'affair' with her. Ouch.
Shall one day dedicate a poem to the Taylor's library sometime soon.

4th day, nothing much...those fellas are still on with their AS.. SAM dudes having finals..so no one...
Woke up miraculously early..12.30!! Went for Raya open house with mum and dad...after that went to Pyramid..my first visit in like umppteeenttthhh years..well...maybe 3 months. The place is still more or less the same..just that the pirated games stores are no longer existant..should have realised that it was the fact 3 months ago as well...Sigh...Then I met JH..he was running up the escalator to the highest floor..PL is caught in some super jam..JH bought the tickets for the Corpse Bride. Managed to spot Pun Chee, Kenneth and Tze Yang(fellow UTP guys)..in Pyramid that day. Met Shi Ian with a familiar-looking guy as well..and as usual poke fun of JH in front of them about Zorro being lame, Doom being too scary and Corpse Bride being nice...at least that's what JH said. Met Narain..that macha is working at the entrance as the ticket collector!! Went up there, he tore our tickets then I stood there for awhile until I got 'molested' by Kishore!! Yes..Kishore!! The other macha!!! Long time no see...they still remain the same..brothers...Then I went out again(that's illegal actually) to buy drinks... then got back again...Narain had some trouble with this customer who brought in outside food..I waited awhile than went in to find the screen.. Got in to see animated characters singing on screen!! There were only Chinese subtitles for the musical part of the Corpse Bride(oklar the movie is ok..not too bad..at least for a guy who hasn't watched a movie in ages whether on TV or in the cinema!!) which happened to be showing when I entered so I thought it's still commercial time. I flashed my phone to check the seats and squirmed my way to JH's seat..I stood up talked to him since I though the adverts were still on...luckiliy I sat down on time...before those fellas behind start cursing..apologising, I sat down. PL's still not there yet..somehow he came in later and we sat down together. After that..we went back to our old school to meet up with Kok Jing and Wei Joe who were waiting like sad er...people at the school since we accompanied PL to buy a shirt after the movie. Anyway, JH took 2 wrong turnings that resulted in at least 6 additional km before making it to the school..and to think that he lived in Subang for 18 years!!! After tea and some tosai, we went back with JH driving all of us back. Quite an enjoyable day, well spent with my best buddies though I have many more best buddies to meet up with next time around.

Today..yea..I mean yesterday is spent basically on books..yeah back to the grind, as they say..and talking about grinding, yeah I need to sign off now..my next entry shall be made in UTP or perhaps not in a long long time.. Meanwhile, take care and see you all soon guys!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger C e | e S t i N a said...

hey kiat!! how r u? lol i don think you'd be able to read this anytime soon...but just dropping by to let u know dat i'm reading your blog...anyway...sad to say...plan malfunctioned...due to my fault...ah well...new plan in progress now...hope you're doing fine there...and...take care always!!

~glads

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home